How can I help you?
My expertise is in:
- Making sure that you know your worth and do not have the wool pulled over your eyes if someone tries to hide assets or be unfair
- Working on divorce cases involving properties, trusts, businesses and pensions
- Supporting people who have been in abusive relationships to regain control and move forward
- Securing what you are entitled to if you separate or divorce
- Protecting your assets and income if you are wanting to live with someone or get married
- Resolving disputes about children
Why should you meet with me?
- No nonsense
- A great listener
- Robust so I get you a fair outcome
- Good at understanding your priorities
- Clear so that things are as easy as possible
- Keen to keep you in control
Why family law?
My parents divorced when I was a teenager. I understand, first-hand, what you are worrying about. I have also seen how, with the right help, it will get better and that there is a future to look forward to.
I love being able to solve people’s problems. People want to be treated fairly, to have certainty and to move forwards. For me, that’s what family law is all about. It is an honour to get people through the difficulties so that they have peace of mind about the future.
What do others say about me?
I was awarded the Cohen and Career Guarantee Scholarship at BPP Law School. I was also recognised with a “Safe Pair of Hands” Award for my ability to help people.
I have also been described by a recent client as: “highly professional, precise and thorough.”
What do others say about Harrogate Family Law?
- ‘Laura Mounsey is hard working and unflappable. She has an ability beyond her years.’ (Legal 500 2022 edition)
- “Laura Mounsey is extremely knowledgeable and quickly builds a rapport with clients.” (Legal 500 2022 edition)
- “‘Top-rate solicitor’ Emma Doughty and the ‘unflappable’ Laura Mounsey are stand-out team members.” (Legal 500 2022 edition)
- “Laura Mounsey and Emma Doughty are both highly dedicated family lawyers, both with excellent deep-listening skills and both strong strategists. They walk by the side of their clients and counsel them carefully throughout.” (Legal 500 2022 edition)
- “Extremely client-focused – I really felt like they had my best interests at heart. Their attention to detail and their ability to remember every bit of the case was astonishing.” (client comment in Chambers 2019 edition)
- “They were very efficient and well on top of the job.” (client comment in Chambers 2019 edition)
- “Their documents are detailed and thorough and their preparation for court is excellent, with sensible advice given to clients.” (barrister comment in Chambers 2019 edition)
- “Harrogate Family Law is a dynamic family law practice with a good reputation in Yorkshire and beyond. The small and dedicated team genuinely cares about its clients and the issues affecting them. It pays huge attention to detail, offers high-quality advice and an enormous amount of support.” (Legal 500 2020 edition)
- “The best in Harrogate for financial proceedings arising from divorce.” (Legal 500 2017 edition)
- “Clients single out the firm’s diligence in ‘leaving no stone unturned; its very quick response times, detailed knowledge and thorough approach amounts to a first-rate level of service.” (Legal 500 2017 edition)