How can I help you?
My expertise is in:
- Dealing with difficult spouses, including narcissists
- Finding hidden assets and income
- Solving complex divorce cases involving assets of £1m+
- Divorces involving one or more of the following: businesses, pensions, properties, trusts and/or high incomes
- Acting for, and against, company directors
- Negotiating firmly and standing up for my clients so you get what you’re entitled to
- Getting a fair split of assets and income
Why should you meet with me?
- Easy to talk to
- Caring and understanding
- Will really stand up for you and fight your corner
- Great with financial details, so you don’t have to be
- Highly experienced
- Have a fantastic reputation and get great results
Why family law?
My parents are divorced, as am I, so I know exactly what you’re going through.
My father was a solicitor, so I gained loads of exposure to family law at a young age before looking to specialise in it when at university and then at law school.
I qualified as a solicitor in 2001 before setting up Harrogate Family Law in 2010. I saw a real need for a truly expert law firm dealing only with family law.
I love to help people who first come to see me at a very low point in their life. I take real pleasure in guiding them through the process and seeing the transformation in them. At the end of their case, they are empowered and excited about their future.
I am lucky to manage a team of first-rate lawyers who really love what they do. They all genuinely want to help people through difficult times and achieve a good outcome.
What do others say about me?
I am top-ranked each year by the Chambers Legal Directory as a leading family law solicitor. Some recent comments are:
- “He is absolutely superb and a technically brilliant lawyer and litigator. He helped me to feel empowered after all of this rather than just divorced.” (2022 edition)
- “Has the ability to put you at ease and help you understand how they are going to deal with the situation throughout the various stages of a divorce.” (2019 edition)
- “Well reputed for his experience in advising high net worth individuals…pragmatic and sensible.” (2018 edition)
- “His technical ability and cut to the chase approach make him stand out.” (2016 edition)
- “I had a huge rapport with him. He really felt on my side and he brought passion to my case and gave me individual attention.” (2016 edition)
- “A force to be reckoned with.” (2015 edition)
I am also recommended by the other guide to the legal profession, the Legal 500. Recent comments about me are:
- “‘Andrew Meehan’s experience and knowledge are obvious from the first moment you meet him. He is excellent to work with, he looks for pragmatic solutions if possible but will really fight his client’s corner when necessary.” (Legal 500 2022 edition)
- “Andrew Meehan and Carol Jessop lead from the front. Both are incredibly talented practitioners but also have an unparalleled work ethic and desire to secure the best results possible for their clients.” (Legal 500 2022 edition)
- “Andrew Meehan is exceptionally knowledgeable and experienced and particularly adroit at ensuring the commerciality of outcomes. His advice is holistic 360 degree advice and is usually spot on”. (Legal 500 2020 edition)
- “Very thorough in [his] handling of cases, and a good listener to boot.” (Legal 500 2017 edition)
- “Has a long track record of advice in complex divorce proceedings.” (Legal 500 2017 edition)
What do others say about Harrogate Family Law?
- Harrogate Family Law‘s ‘exceptional’ offering is led by Andrew Meehan. The team focuses on medium to high-net-worth financial proceedings of divorce or cohabitation breakdown, involving such factors as hidden assets and trusts. In addition, the team works on private children matters. Its cases are often complex, both technically and emotionally; its clients often vulnerable, having been victims of abusive or controlling behaviour. ‘Top-rate solicitor’ Emma Doughty and the ‘unflappable’ Laura Mounsey are stand-out team members. ‘An exceptional group of talented lawyers with a diverse background, who have accomplished the needs of their clients in the Harrogate and surrounding area.’ (Legal 500 2022 edition)
- “Extremely client-focused – I really felt like they had my best interests at heart. Their attention to detail and their ability to remember every bit of the case was astonishing.” (client comment in Chambers 2019 edition)
- “They were very efficient and well on top of the job.” (client comment in Chambers 2019 edition)
- “Their documents are detailed and thorough and their preparation for court is excellent, with sensible advice given to clients.” (barrister comment in Chambers 2019 edition)
- “Harrogate Family Law is a dynamic family law practice with a good reputation in Yorkshire and beyond. The small and dedicated team genuinely cares about its clients and the issues affecting them. It pays huge attention to detail, offers high-quality advice and an enormous amount of support.” (Legal 500 2020 edition)
- “The best in Harrogate for financial proceedings arising from divorce.” (Legal 500 2017 edition)
- “Clients single out the firm’s diligence in leaving no stone unturned; its very quick response times, detailed knowledge and thorough approach amounts to a first-rate level of service.” (Legal 500 2017 edition)
Telephone: 01423 594 680