We are expert divorce solicitors who specialise in providing legal advice to clients undergoing separation and divorce. In most cases, getting a divorce is fairly easy using the ‘quickie divorce’ procedure and normally it is not necessary for either party or their solicitor to have to attend court.

Divorce and money

The courts in England have a very wide discretion when deciding what the divorce settlement should be. They have to achieve a ‘fair’ outcome. A consequence of this is that a wide number of outcomes might be considered ‘fair’ even though the amount you receive as a settlement can vary widely. As a result, it is crucial that you have a divorce solicitor you can trust and who has the skills, knowledge and experience you need to secure your financial future.

That’s why we specialise in resolving financial settlements on divorce, particularly complex divorce cases such as those involving properties, pensions, business, trusts and inherited assets and those where there is a large difference between the earnings of the couple.

Divorce and the home

Often when you decide that your relationship is over your very first concern is how can you get your spouse out of the house. We can help you and guide you through your rights and take action to get your spouse to leave your property. We can also help you by advising you whether it is realistic and advisable for you to keep your house and, if so, help you in achieving that.


For many people, the primary concern on divorce or separation is likely to be how to minimise its impact on the children. You will need to make suitable arrangements for where they are to live and for them to see their other parent.

We specialise in helping and advising you on a parent’s rights and how to:

  • Sort out where your children are to live. This used to be called “custody”, and later, as “residence”, but is now known as “child arrangements”.
  • Make arrangements for your children to see you for contact if they are living with their other parent. This used to be called “access” or “contact”, but is now known also referred to as “child arrangements”.
  • Enable members of the children’s extended family, such as grandparents, to continue to see the children if they are being prevented from doing so.
  • Secure money or maintenance to pay for your children’s upbringing.
  • Stop someone from taking a particular step in relation to your children – you may, for example, want to prevent the other parent moving elsewhere or taking the children out of the country.
  • Determine a specific question about the rearing of your children, such as what school they should attend.
  • Get permission to relocate with the children to another country or part of the UK.