Yes. This is known as “shared residence”. This can be arranged either by agreement between the parents or by a court order. It does not mean that the children have to spend exactly the same amount of time with each parent. Instead, the thinking behind it is that this reassures both parents that the law sees them as equals. It is also used to show them that neither parent is in control of the children and that neither should marginalise the other.