Deciding to get a divorce is difficult.  It may feel like your life is being turned upside down.  However, it is possible to take control of the situation and make it work for you.

Getting the right support and taking back control

It is important to make sure that you have the right support behind you.  Make sure you have someone you can talk to, whether this is a friend, relative or a counsellor.  This is vital, as it will help you come to terms with what is happening and deal with the emotional aspects of separation.

When it comes to considering how to deal with the practicalities of a divorce it is essential to get specialist family law advice.  Here at Harrogate Family Law we have friendly, compassionate lawyers on hand to help.  Do not make any rash decisions, you need to understand what your options are and how you can move forward.

Taking back control and enjoying your new life

You may feel that you do not have control of your life at the moment.  Take time to adjust to your new situation and find yourself in a place of acceptance.  Look at taking up a new hobby or joining a socialising group.  Putting yourself in new situations and meeting new people can help you rediscover yourself and move on with your life.

It is also worth looking to the future, what would you like it to look like?  It is a difficult question to answer but something that we can try to assist you with.

We will help you to look forward and see the light at the end of the tunnel.

To see how Harrogate Family Law can help you, give us a call today on 01423 594680.

Andrew Meehan is an experienced family lawyer specialising in complex divorces involving significant or hidden assets, as well as cases involving children.

He is recommended for family law by both Chambers 2019 (York, Hull and surrounding regions) and the Legal 500 2018 (Leeds/West Yorkshire and North Yorkshire region).

Everyone’s circumstances are different and this article is provided by way of general information only and must not be replied upon.  If you require legal advice on a family law issue, please feel free to contact us by emailing